After a tiring day at the office, I finally made it home at last.
The chilly fall air and a long day of work had left me completely drained. I definitely opened the front door and was instantly hit by a gust of icy air. I hadn’t been feeling well and had begun to shudder. Something was wrong when I found myself rubbing my arms. I sensed there was an issue with my electric heating system and I went to investigate it. When I turned on the electric heater, I realized that the air quality wasn’t honestly good. The air was so dusty that it made me cough. I forgot that the air filters in the electric heating system needed to be cleaned every few months. I set a reminder on my iPhone to make sure to disinfect the air filters later, and blessedly, I just don’t have the energy to disinfect the air filters right now. But I knew I couldn’t keep warm right now as well without heat. Thankfully, I had a fireplace, which got a fantastic cleaning a couple of weeks ago even though I rarely use it. The timing couldn’t really be any better and right now seems like the time to use it. I went to the basement and gathered some firewood and sparking material. Within seconds of lighting the fire, I could feel the room heating up. The only thing keeping me from turning on the electric heating system this weekend is the fact that I ended up disinfecting those dang air filters, but regardless, having a fireplace in my house was a godsend in times like these.