Joan’s friends came to visit during the holidays and they got together at her house. She had a beach house filled with people for 5 days. Joan couldn’t get anything done as chores are concerned. When her friends finally left, Joan had about six loads of laundry to wash, dry, and fold. She had to go to the grocery store to stock up on eggs, bread, milk, and fabric softener. After her friends left, Joan noticed an issue with the lighting in the basement. Her friends were staying in the basement but they didn’t tell her anything about it when they were there. The basement lights were flickering often and Joan didn’t know why. Sometimes the lights were okay and other times they were turning on and off hastily. Joan chose to contact a licensed residential electrician to check the wiring. She was afraid that she had a short in her beach house. Joan didn’t want a fire in the beach house because she didn’t inform someone when there was a warning. The electrician charged her a reasonable fee for the work. He checked each of the outlets in the basement and the breaker box. The guy found multiple small wires that were loose and chewed. There was a rat in there at some point. The electrician didn’t know Joan had a problem that required an exterminator. She felt great about the maintenance that she acquired from the licensed electrician and Joan kept his card just in case she had future concerns in the beach house.