Bob’s brother came to visit during the holidays and everyone got together at his house.
He had a lake house filled with people for 2 weeks. Bob could not get anything done as far as chores were concerned. When his brother and the kids finally left, Bob had about 4 loads of laundry to wash, dry, and fold. He had to go to the grocery store to stock up on eggs, bread, milk, and fabric softener. After his sibling left, Bob noticed an issue with the lighting in the basement. The kids and his brother were staying in the basement but they did not mention any issues while they were here. The basement lights were flickering frequently and Bob didn’t know why. One time the lights were nice and other they were actually turning on and off suddenly. Bob saw it fit to contact a licensed residential electrician to check the wiring. He was afraid that he had a short anywhere. Bob didn’t want a fire in the lake house because he did not call someone when there was a warning. The electrician charged him an adequate fee for the work. She maintained one of the outlets in the basement and the box. The woman came across several small wires that were loose and chewed. There was a field mouse in there at some point. The electrician did not know Bob had a problem that required an exterminator. He felt good about the service that he gained from the licensed electrician and he kept her card just in case he has future issues in the house.